(Syllabus) ENG2A03 READINGS FROM THE FRINGES
COURSE CODE ENG2 A03
TITLE OF THE COURSE READINGS FROM THE FRINGES
SEMESTER IN WHICH COURSE IS TO BE TAUGHT: Semester 2
NO. OF CREDITS 4
NO. OF CONTACT HOURS 72 (4hrs/week)
Aim of the Course:
This course aims to make the student understand the gender inequality, marginalization, disability studies, racism and casteism in our society. Though this engagement has been part of literary academic analysis, it has just begun making its foray into the syllabus of English departments of Indian universities. This paper hopes to introduce undergraduate students to perspectives within literatures that acquaint them with both experiences of marginalization, as well as the examination of modes of literary stylistics that offer a variation from conventional practice.
● To inculcate and apply the concepts of democracy and freedom in life and understand the basic tenets of our constitution
● To critically think and examine various social issues prevailing in our society
After the completion of the course, students will be able to: -
● discuss and contemplate on the areas of gender inequality, marginalization, disability studies, racism and casteism
● develop sensitivity towards environmental concerns and feel responsible towards protecting nature.
● understand the everyday realities of the marginalized sections of the society and negate the stereotypes surrounding them and accept them as allies.
● To develop scientific temper and scientific thinking
A. COURSE SUMMARY
Module 1: 15 hrs
Module 2: 15 hrs
Module 3: 15 hrs
Module 4: 15 hrs
Evaluation: 12 hrs
Total: 72 hrs